- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kilogram angus (Aberdeen, braising/stewing beef chopped into bite-size chunks)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain, mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper)
- 2 onions (large, peeled and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly (or cranberry sauce)
- 500 milliliters red wine
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 swede (small, peeled and chopped)
- 700 milliliters water (beef stock, plus 2 stock cubes is fine)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- thyme sprigs (Fresh)
- bread (Chunks of fresh)
|Calories900Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
CarrieAyres 15 Sep 2018
I left out the potatoes and served with mash potatoes... brought to a boil in Dutch oven, then cooked at 350 for about 35 minutes... the liquid thickened up nicely. Used honey instead of brown sugar. Everyone loved it!
Tim S. 26 Mar 2018
Great recipe easy to follow
Linda H. 3 Mar 2018
Wonderful ! Slow cooked this puppy, and my darling man just inhaled it. Go with instructions and take the glory !
laurel allen 2 Aug 2017
Delishous and I'll make this again.making this now for the third or fourth time, lost track... so good! make home made skillet bread to go with!