- 24 ounces pork loin chops (1-inch thick, lean)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 parsnips (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds)
- 1 sweet potatoes (OR yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 13 1/2 ounces light coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- Place oil in large skillet over high heat. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels; season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes in bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place pork chops on top of the vegetables.
- Stir together coconut milk, broth, curry paste and brown sugar until combined. Pour over pork and vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook at low for 4 to 5 hours (high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours).
- To serve, transfer chops and vegetables to a shallow serving platter. Check seasoning and add fresh basil to sauce. Pour sauce over pork and vegetables.