Stuffed with figs and marzipan, this slow cooked chicken has a lovely sweet and nutty flavor. Mixed with wine cooked figs, the marzipan filling is sweet and rich, perfectly combining the nutty sweetness of almonds with that of the fig. Cooked in sherry wine and more fig mixture, this chicken is slowly roasted in the oven to allow the flavors of the filling to permeate every membrane of the chicken. This Slow Cooked Chicken Filled with Figs and Marzipan is guaranteed to make your house smell amazing and have your mouthwatering while you wait for it to be finished.
- 250 grams dried figs
- 250 grams marzipan
- wine (Sweet)
- 1 chicken
- 200 milliliters dry sherry
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius.
- Place the figs into a saucepan and dover with the wine. Cook for 20 minutes and set aside.
- Drain the figs and mix with the marzipan.
- Salt the chicken inside and out. Fill with the marzipan and fig mixture, pressing firmly. Some of the stuffing will remain. Truss the chicken to help keep the stuffing in its place.
- Place the chicken into a baking dish and add the sherry. Add salt to the liquids in the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and increase the temperature to 200 Celsius. Bake for 30 minutes and turn the chicken. Add the remaining fig mixture to the pan and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the sauce.
|Calories440Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.