- 3 pounds pork loin roast, boneless
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange peel (finely shredded)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- For sauce, combine undrained pineapple, barbecue sauce, chili sauce, orange peel, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pork roast. Cook until brown on all sides, turning to brown evenly. Place pork roast in 3 1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart slow cooker. (If necessary, cut roast to fit cooker.) Pour sauce over roast; turn roast to coat. Cook on high-heat setting 4 to 4 1/2 hours or on low-heat setting 6 to 7 hours. Remove roast from cooker; let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve sauce with sliced meat, if desired.