- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 whole onion (Large, Diced)
- 1 whole green bell pepper (Large, Diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (more To Taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more To Taste)
- worcestershire sauce (To Taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- Tabasco Sauce (optional; To Taste)
- salt (To Taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (To Taste)
- kaiser rolls
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Theresa Dobbs 17 Oct
Made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit, will make it again. It was easy and so tasty. Did not use the tomato paste and just added the ingedients to taste. Can't wait for the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Karen M. 15 Sep
Great, delish! I would make it again. I would adjust the spice as to whom I am feeding.
Julie Kwong 12 Sep
Swapped out water for tomato sauce and chicken broth. delicious and super easy!
Marc S. 30 Aug
This was a total hit… I did not addthe garlic in and didn’t miss it one bit and I love garlic… add the onions after the beef was made to give it some crunchy texture… If you don’t make this dish you’re missing out on ground beef loveliness
Jinger 18 Aug
Great Made with free range natural turkey
Rebecca Singh 2 Aug
Loved it. i just added a little relish.
Anita Feerer 26 Jun
tasted just like manwich!! Very happy.
Locey 4 Jun
Juicy and tasty would deffos make again
Karen Seegren 18 May
Delicious! Did not add tomato paste and used orange pepper in place of green
Kristy P. 9 Apr
made it for weekend meals and it was a hit!