Wrapping fish in thin slices of bacon is a surefire way to give it extra flavor and also to keep it moist during cooking, especially leaner types such as the hake used in this recipe (flounder or sole could be used instead). The fish packets are also topped with a cilantro-coriander paste and then baked until opaque throughout. The fish should also flake with a fork when it's properly cooked.
- 1 merluza (pack of, slices)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons coriander (fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- salt (q.s.)
- pepper (q.s.)
- Thaw the fish in advance, placing it in the refrigerator to thaw completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each hake fillet with a slice of bacon and place on a rimmed baking dish.
- Grind the fresh and powdered coriander in a blender with a pinch of salt and the olive oil until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the fish and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Serve hot, with basmati rice.