- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef (or turkey, see healthy benefits)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or Panko crumbs)
- 1/2 cup onion (shredded or minced, about 1 small onion)
- 1 egg (I like Egg-land’s Best, see healthy benefits)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions (minced)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 3/4 cup celery (diced)
- 10 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (Swanson’s, or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (drained and rinsed, see shopping tip)
- 12 ounces baby spinach (washed and trimmed)
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alina Lyagusha 10 Jan
I LOVE this recipe and make it quite often. Very flavorful.
Vanessa W. 30 Jan 2017
Loved this. Used turkey instead of ground beef. It is wonderful. Thanks so much for this recipe. I will most likely double the spinach next time. And I had it for breakfast if that says anything about how delicious it was.
Beth Sawicki 12 Jul 2016
Loved this! I made this with ground turkey and used a mix of kale and spinach. Hubby wasn't too interested when I told him I was making this - then he tried it and he's been hounding me to make it again! The recipe is super easy and don't forget to top with the parmesan cheese - it really makes the dish.