This low calorie quiche is so flavorful, you won't even miss the crust!
- 1 red bell pepper (small)
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 scallion
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9” pie plate liberally with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Finely dice the scallion and set aside. Finely dice the red bell pepper and place in a large skillet. Add the baby spinach to the skillet.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat, and pour in 1/4 cup of water. Cook the spinach and bell pepper, stirring frequently until the spinach is fully wilted, the peppers are tender, and the water is completely evaporated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, Greek yogurt, scallion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Place the vegetables and cheeses into the egg and milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until the vegetables and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg, vegetable, and cheese mixture into the pie plate.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the quiche for 40-50 minutes, until the top is firm and lightly golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving.
|Calories120Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.