Skillet Ground Beef and Macaroni GoulashYUMMLY
Skillet Ground Beef and Macaroni Goulash
We're talking retro, in a good way. Not to be confused with the chunky, paprika-thickened Hungarian beef stew, this family-friendly American dish is based on ground beef (or turkey), canned tomatoes, marinara sauce, and elbow macaroni, all cooked in the same skillet. We added sweet roasted red bell peppers, Italian seasoning, and a blend of Parmesan and other Italian cheeses to make the meal a crowd-pleaser. The recipe, which makes 10 cups, is a Yummly original created by Ivy Manning.
- Chop onion. Roughly chop the roasted peppers and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add ground beef, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat occasionally with a spatula, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, red peppers, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, covered, stirring frequently, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove goulash from heat and stir in half of the cheese. Sprinkle a little more cheese over the top, and serve the rest on the side. Add a little parsley if you like. Chill any leftovers airtight up 2 days, then reheat in a microwave or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat with a splash of water to loosen the sauce, if necessary, until hot.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.