Skewers Of Cumin Chicken With Yoghurt Lemon Honey Dipping SauceFOODISTA
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (100%% pure)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups yoghurt (Greek plain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds (toasted whole, ground in a spice grinder)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 chicken (bite size cubes of fresh, from the breast or thighs)
- 6 cippolini onions (small blanched)
- 12 water (wooden skewers soaked for 2 hours in, to prevent burning)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 100%% pure honey, lemon juice, yoghurt, salt and pepper. Stir gently then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- With a sharp knife cut from the breast or thighs the 12 cubes of chicken, about 1 inch by 1 inch, meat only – no skin. In a shallow pie pan stir together the salt and cumin powder.
- Remove the skewers from the water and place 2 pieces of chicken per skewer with an onion in between each of the cubes of chicken. Roll each skewer in the cumin mixture being sure to coat each side of the chicken.
- On a hot griddle or in a hot cast iron skillet place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, gently place the skewers to cook being sure to rotate to cook each side of the chicken. Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes each side. Serve with the dipping sauce.