- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin (tips)
- 6 ounces marinade (Carne Asada, with jalapeno and garlic, I used Frontera)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from, 7 oz can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon Montréal steak seasoning
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 chipotles in adobo (from can listed above, finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can above)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 3/4 ounces rice mix
- 1 cup lettuce (fresh, chopped)
- 3 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced into wedges)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup pinto beans (drained and warmed)
- 1 cup corn (Southwest, with Poblano & Red Peppers, drained and warmed)
- Cut beef tenderloin tips into bite size pieces. Place in a gallon size plastic bag and add the marinade, 1 tablespoon adobo sauce and Montreal steak seasoning. Place in refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the ranch dressing, a finely diced chipotle pepper and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce until well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to assemble meal.
- Prepare Spanish rice according to package directions. I used a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of the can of diced tomatoes called for on the package.
- Place all of the fixings including the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, cheddar cheese and lime wedges into individual ramekins or little bowls.
- Place the drained pinto beans and the drained corn into individual microwave bowls and heat them up for 2 minutes. Stir, and microwave another minute if needed.
- Preheat a ridged grill pan on medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill pan.
- Drain the marinade from the beef, if necessary. Grill the steak and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (until medium rare 140°) and then transfer to a plate to rest. Depending on the size of the grill pan you may need to cook in batches.
- To assemble the bowls, you can put everything out and let everyone make their own, or just divide the rice into individual serving bowls, and top with all the fixings. Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing and serve with lime wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.