- butter (Café de Paris)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers (finely chopped)
- 3 anchovy fillets (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon tarragon (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- potato wedges
- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 4 sirloin steaks (8 oz each, at room temperature)
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- To make the Café de Paris butter, place all ingredients into a food processor and process until just combined.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat work surface and spoon the butter down the middle. Roll up and secure the ends. Store in the freezer until needed.
- To make the potato wedges, rinse the potatoes under cold water, then pat dry. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer to 325°F and cook wedges for 5 mins, or until soft but not browned. Drain on paper towels.
- To cook the steaks, heat a frying pan until very hot. Drizzle each steak with a little olive oil and season generously. Cook for 3 mins each side for rare, 4 mins each side for medium and 5 mins each side for well done. Allow to rest for at least 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the deep fat fryer to 375°F and cook the potato wedges until crisp and golden. Drain and toss with sea salt.
- Slice the Café de Paris butter and place on the steaks. Serve with the potato wedges on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1190Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.