- 2 pounds ground sirloin (fresh)
- 1 pound ground chorizo (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely minced)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- Place the Smart Oven+ Grill Attachment in oven. Select GRILL Mode and preheat Grill to High heat setting.
- Combine all the dried seasonings in a separate small bowl; mix together thoroughly. In a medium-size bowl, add the ground sirloin and chorizo; mix together to combine. Add the whisked egg to the meat and mix together. Add the onions and the dried seasonings to the meat and mix the ingredients completely.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions; approximately ¾ cup of mixture per portion. Pat each portion into a 4-inch wide (about 1-inch thick) patty. Take a round tablespoon measure and press into the center of burger to create a dimple. (This will help keep the burger flat and prevent it from puffing up in the middle when grilled.) Season the top of the burgers with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the burger patties on the preheated Grill. Grill the burgers for 17 minutes to an internal temperature of 160°F, turning them over halfway through the grilling time.
- Place one slice of pepper jack cheese on each burger and grill for an additional 1 minute to melt cheese. Transfer burgers from Grill to a platter and serve.