- 2 pork spareribs (slabs, about 6 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- Prepare fire for indirect-heat cooking in a covered grill. Rub ribs with vegetable oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place ribs, not overlapping, over indirect heat on grill. Close grill hood and cook ribs for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until ribs are very tender.
- In final minutes of grilling, baste ribs with barbecue sauce, if desired. Cut and serve ribs with remaining sauce on the side.
- Serves 6.
- Nutritional information per serving with barbecue sauce.