If you've never roasted broccoli before, now is the time to start. Once you try it, you'll be making this easy side dish over and over again!
- 1 bag broccoli florets (1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure the broccoli florets are roughly 1-inch wide and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Use a rubber spatula to toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated in the oil.
- Roast for 22-25 minutes on the middle rack of oven, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and slightly charred.
- Check to see that broccoli is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately.