- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon (or similar mustard)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (fine, plain)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion (or 1/2 cup finely minced fresh onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup (plus more for topping, if desired)
|Calories410Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lisa Lux 16 Feb
My family and I loved this recipe and very easy to make!
Stacy 3 Dec 2018
it was moist n very tasty! Held together perfectly for sandwiches tomorrow.
Jane Cowan 23 Oct 2018
i would make it again
Heidi-Lyn Loker 28 Sep 2018
I added real onion, red pepper and apple it was hands down the best meatloaf I’ve ever made! The glaze is to die for. If you add like I did you might need to alter it so it isn’t too crumbly.
Lisa J-ay 7 Aug 2018
It was a flavorful meatloaf but I added real onion.
Mia 5 Aug 2018
Was delicious. My only issue is that is completely fell apart instead of staying together. May use more egg and bread crumbs next time. Super juicy and really great flavor.
Nekima W. 4 Apr 2018
very moist and flavorful!
Nikki W. 3 Apr 2018
My kids LOVED this recipe!
William Coakley 25 Mar 2018
it was so awesome .. very easy to make
Higley 8 Nov 2017
Pretty mediocre. Not sure if it was the recipe’s fault or mine.
Freeman 2 Nov 2017
AMAZING so many compliments to the chef! it calls for 4 tablespoons of maple syrup. i used 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of honey. I also used garlic and herb bread crumbs NOT plain.
Lori R. 30 Oct 2017
Family loved it have made a few times Easy to make
Brittney R. 4 Aug 2017
So good! Favorite thing I've made for dinner!
Elizabeth M. 17 Apr 2017
My husband and i actually like the maple syrup the best. It just adds a little sweetness and its amazing. The only thing i do differently is add the ketchup to the meatloaf and then more on top.
Mary Slette 11 Feb 2016
I think this is about the best basic meatloaf recipe I've tried, and I've been cooking over 40 years. My husband requests this for his "birthday dinner". Only change I make is I use cracker crumbs instead of bread crumbs.