- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/4 cups Swans Down® Cake Flour (sifted)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar (1 lb. box)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, softened)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Place baking cups in cupcake pan. Sift Swans Down Flour, then lightly spoon 2 1⁄4 cups into measuring cup; set aside. In large bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and eggs. Beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and chocolate, then baking soda and salt. Add Swans Down alternately with sour cream, beating on low speed just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Carefully pour in boiling water next, stirring with spoon until blended (batter will be very thin). Spoon batter with ladle into prepared cupcake holders, approximately two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 ̊ about 12 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Cool in 10 minutes. Remove and finish cooling on racks.
- Butter Cream Frosting: In large bowl with electric mixer at low speed, combine sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. Beat at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes until creamy. If desired, add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, frost with Buttercream Frosting.
Hello Princess Clara 2 Jul 2017
It turned out great Me and my family liked it