15 minutes, and some salt, pepper, and lemon are all that's needed for perfectly cooked simple salmon fillets.
- 4 salmon fillets (Atlantic, 5 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 lemon (large)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the salmon filets under cool water. Gently pat them dry with paper towels, then place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Using a butter knife or the back of a spoon, gently spread an equal amount of the softened butter over the top of each salmon filet.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with the salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Slice the lemon into 12 rounds, a scant ¼” thick.
- Lay three lemon slices directly on top of each salmon filet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Plate and serve immediately.