Nothing says “I love you Mum”’ more than a hand-made dinner time treat! Why not avoid the hustle and bustle of Mother’s Day Sunday and make your mum a lovely home cooked, warming pasta dish.
Simone Remoli’s heart shaped salmon ravioli speaks a thousand words with its elegant textures, fit-for-the-occasion appearance and bursting with gloriously delectable flavours.
- 250 grams salmon
- 70 grams mascarpone
- chopped parsley
- 2 parmesan (spoons)
- 1/2 Orange
- 300 grams plain flour
- 3 large eggs (/3 large egg yolks)
- Mix flour in Kenwood Chef Sense mixer, and add eggs in one at a time until the mix comes together.
- Put the salmon in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes with salt, pepper and the zest of ½ an orange.
- Cool the salmon for 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven. Mix the salmon together with the mascarpone, tarragon, sage and parmesan. Have a little taste of your mixture and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Take the pasta dough you prepared earlier and start to pass it through the Kenwood Roll (attachment on Kenwood Chef Sense) – find the numbers on this attachment and roll the pasta dough until the number 7 and pasta sheet is very thin! Make two separate sheets. One to cut the heart-shaped lids out of, and one for the fillings (which will then be cut after).
- Rest your heart-shaped cutter on top of your rolled-out pasta dough, so you know how much filling to put in. Normally it will be around half a-spoonful. Scoop out half-a-spoon of the filling, as shown in the photograph. Do this with extra love!
- Make your pasta with love!
- Slice up half a fennel and pan fry in some oil. Add some thyme, and plate it up!
- Cook your ravioli in boiling water (and a drizzle of olive oil) for three minutes.
- Drain after three minutes and place on top of the fennel with some orange slices, hand ripped Burrata and a pinch of paprika.
- Eat. Drink. Love. And Enjoy!
- Courtesty of Chef Simone Remoli, head chef and owner of Pasta Remoli. Pasta Remoli can be found in Finsbury Park & Westfield Stratford, Great Eastern Market.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.