Silky Tortilla SoupKitchenAid
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 14 1/2 ounces roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 3 corn tortillas (cut into thin strips)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- jalapeno chilies (sliced fresh)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heave skillet. Add garlic, onions, jalepeno and red pepper flakes. Saute 4-5 minutes.
- 2Transfer garlic, onion and pepper mixture to blender. Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, salsa and black beans. Pulse on speed 3 (mix) 6-7 times until almost pureed.
- 3Pour mixture into stock pot and simmer on medium heat 15 minutes.
- 4Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy skillet. Fry tortilla chips until crisp. Drain on paper towel until ready to use.
- 5Ladle soup into 5 bowls. Top with shredded chicken, tortilla strips, cheese and fresh peppers, if desired.