Sicilian Pork and Potato SaladPork
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound new potatoes (about 3/4-inch diameter)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (flat, roughly chopped)
- 1Place tenderloin in self-sealing bag; add Italian dressing and seasoning, seal bag and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2Scrub potatoes and place them in a large saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes and cut in half; toss gently with salt, capers, onion, oregano, oil, vinegar and black pepper; arrange on serving platter. Let stand at room temperature while preparing pork.
- 3Prepare medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle-style grill. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade, and grill over indirect heat for 20 minutes, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. Let rest for 5 minutes; then slice tenderloin and arrange on top of potato salad; garnish with parsley.
- 4The marinated and grilled pork tenderloin turns this simple Mediterranean potato salad into dinner. To roast tenderloin, place in shallow pan in a 450 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes. Serve with sliced oranges and toasted Italian bread to complete the meal.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.