- 36 shrimp (unpeeled, jumbo raw, about 2 lbs)
- marinade (Cilantro Lime)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 12 ounces halloumi cheese (cut into 1 1/2" cubes, firm feta may be substituted)
- 24 watermelon (cubes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (torn)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint (torn)
- Cilantro Lime Marinade: Whisk together vinegar, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and kosher salt until blended. Add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp and 1/2 cup Cilantro-Lime Marinade in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Combine cheese and 1/3 cup Cilantro-Lime Marinade in another large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bags, turning to coat; chill 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove shrimp and cheese from marinades, discarding marinades. Thread shrimp, watermelon, and cheese alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve with remaining Cilantro-Lime Marinade.