Shrimp with Vegetables and CouscousKitchenAid
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup couscous (large)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 7 stalks asparagus (trimmed)
- 5 baby carrots (multi-color, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 20 shrimp (peeled, deveined, about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Attach Stir & Flip Wand to Stir Tower. Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower to Sear 450ºF and preheat.
- 2Add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add onion, lemon zest and couscous with the Stir Tower on Speed 2 and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- 3Add stock, cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- 4Set Multi-Cooker to Manual with the temperature set to 205ºF. Place asparagus and carrots in Steam Basket and set on top of couscous mixture. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove Steam Basket with vegetables; place shrimp on top of couscous and replace Steam Basket to Cooking Pot. Continue cooking for 5 – 7 minutes, or until shrimp are just cooked through.In a separate bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients together until well combined.
- 5Remove vegetables from Steam Basket and place in a medium bowl. Toss with half of the vinaigrette, and stir remaining vinaigrette into couscous.
- 6To serve, place couscous on serving platter and top with vegetables and shrimp.