- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup couscous (large)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 7 stalks asparagus (trimmed)
- 5 baby carrots (multi-color, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 20 shrimp (peeled, deveined, about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Attach Stir & Flip Wand to Stir Tower. Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower to Sear 450ºF and preheat.
- Add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add onion, lemon zest and couscous with the Stir Tower on Speed 2 and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Add stock, cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Set Multi-Cooker to Manual with the temperature set to 205ºF. Place asparagus and carrots in Steam Basket and set on top of couscous mixture. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove Steam Basket with vegetables; place shrimp on top of couscous and replace Steam Basket to Cooking Pot. Continue cooking for 5 – 7 minutes, or until shrimp are just cooked through.In a separate bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients together until well combined.
- Remove vegetables from Steam Basket and place in a medium bowl. Toss with half of the vinaigrette, and stir remaining vinaigrette into couscous.
- To serve, place couscous on serving platter and top with vegetables and shrimp.