- tiger prawn (Black, peeled/beheaded)
- tofu (Fried)
- vietnamese spinach
- dark soy sauce
- corn starch
- brown sugar (or sugar in raw)
- chili pepper flakes (or chopped chilies)
- wide rice noodles
- chicken stock
- fish sauce
- peanuts (Oil -, or olive)
- Start by combining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or tapioca starch with 1 cup of cold water. Mix well then set aside.
- Next fry the wide rice noodles with 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce and peanut or olive oil on high heat. Once they start to stick together and have a fried texture remove them and set aside. Next toss the prawns in high heat with a tablespoon of oil and chilies or pepper flakes. The amount depends on your preference of heat. I put 2 tablespoons or 5 chilies. Fry the prawns till they have turned red.
- Turn the heat up to high and pour in 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Add the tofu scallions and spinach, garlic, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar in the raw and tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook on high for 5 minutes or so, then add the starch we set aside earlier. Bring back to boil then shut off heat.
- Ladel over the fried wide noodles. njoy