Chinese noodles are typically even quicker cooking thatnItalian pasta, meaning they are just right for fast weeknight dinners. In this recipe, the noodles are boiled and then tossed with stir-fried shrimp and mixed vegetables and the dish is simply seasoned with soy sauce to taste, and if desired. Carrot, peas, red bell pepper, and broccoli florets are a colorful combination, but you can use other vegetables and in other combinations.
- 2 packages chinese noodles
- 2 packages shrimp (frozen)
- olive oil
- 1 carrot (coarsely grated)
- 200 grams broccoli florets
- 200 grams peas
- 1 red bell pepper (large, sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- soy sauce
- Cook noodles in plenty of boiling water, as indicated on the package.
- Drain and set aside.
- Thaw shripm and drain, peel and devein. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a wok and fry the shrimp. Remove shrimp from the wok without draining the juices.
- Add a little more olive oil to the wok and saute broccoli, carrot, peas, and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and soy sauce.
- Note: Sauce will be salty, so no further seasoning with salt may be necessary.
- If desired, use scissors to cut noodles to a smaller size.
- Add noodles to wok with vegetables.
- Add shrimp and mix everything.
- If necessary, season with soy sauce.
- Serve hot.