- 16 shrimp
- 2 oranges (large)
- 1 onion (small, sliced)
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 orange (zested)
- Peel and devein shrimp and rinse well in cold water.
- Place shrimp in boiling, salted water.
- When shrimp change color, lift from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Set aside.
- Peel oranges and remove segments, taking care to remove skin, pith and membrane.
- Arrange orange segments on serving plate.
- Place shrimp on top of the oranges in the middle of the plate; and top with sliced onions.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, garlic paste and orange zest.
- To serve, drizzle vinaigrette over salad.