- Quaker Old Fashioned Grits (one serving)
- cheddar cheese
- shrimp (Frozen, uncooked)
- yellow cornmeal (Stone Ground)
- flour (seasoned flour, if you can find it. My friend Valer)
- 1 egg (fork or whisk-beaten)
- cayenne pepper (White and)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Add a bit of white pepper and a pinch of cayenne to the shrimp. On three plates, lay out season flour, the beaten egg. Add the cornmeal to the third plate, or, if you prefer, a large plastic zip lock bag. Drag through the flour, egg wash, and bathe in cornmeal using your preferred method.
- While the shrimp are basking in the cornmeal, focus on the grits.