This classic Spanish dish is the perfect treat for your family for dinner. Try out our Shrimp and Cream Cheese Enchiladas recipe tonight. We are confident this recipe will leave your family satisfied with the flavor! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are excited to read about your experience preparing serving this Shrimp and Cream Cheese Enchiladas recipe. The blend of Spanish flavor and essential nutrients make this recipe a stand alone great. Happy Cooking!
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (finely chopped, seeds removed)
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (as much as you prefer)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 250 grams cooked shrimp (small)
- 1/2 tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or string)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 sprig coriander (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 185C.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook everything for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the cream and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Mix everything well and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, mix well, and turn off the stove.
- Mix the shrimp, tomato, 1/2 cup string cheese, and half the previously prepared sauce in a bowl.
- Fill up the tortillas with the shrimp mixture, roll them up and place them on a baking pan which has been sprayed with oil or cooking spray.
- Add the 2 tablespoons water to the remaining portion of sauce and pour this mixture over the tortilla rolls.
- Cover everything with the remaining cup of string cheese and then place the tray in the oven for 25–30 minutes.
- Once the enchiladas are ready, add a bit of chopped bell pepper and coriander on top and serve.
|Calories970Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.