- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bomba rice (Cups, or Arborio* Paella rice)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads (2 pinches)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (or 2 chili de arbol)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces spanish chorizo (* the kind that is dried and cured NOT Mexican chorizo which is ground sliced into rounds)
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- chopped parsley (fresh)
|Calories330Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hayssen 31 Dec 2018
Delish. I made for Christmas Eve dinner. I subbed beef kielbasa for chorizo and found Spanish smoked paprika. would make again for another fun special occassion meal!
mutsuko fotinatos 12 Jul 2018
I used frozen seafood mix. There’re some squid, shrimp and two deferent kind of shellfish in it. I didn’t have bomba rice or arborio, so I used Japanese rice. It turned out to be delicious!
Rosalyn Morton 6 Jul 2018
This was so good! Couldn’t find Bomba rice so used Arborio. The only question I had was whether to make the rice per the instructions first or stir fry dry and then simmer in the stock. I ended up making the rice first and using a little less stock to ensure it wasn’t mushy. Came out great. Definitely a family hit that I will make again.
Paul 13 May 2018
Great, delicious meal
Terri 14 Jan 2018
My very first attempt at making Paella, it was a HIT I will be making it again for sure! 5 stars!!!!!
Sherilyn B. 19 Jul 2017
It turned out really well! Five out of five stars!
Suzannah Richardson 16 Jul 2017
This is SO delicious. Will have to make it again.