- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini (medium, halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 white onion (large, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tomato
- 2 cups water
- 1 knorr reduced sodium chicken flavor bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado (peeled and diced)
- Toss shrimp with lime juice in medium bowl and marinate about 15 minutes. Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp about 3 minutes or until pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and keep warm. Add zucchini and onion and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Stir in water and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube. Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return shrimp to skillet. Stir in cilantro and simmer an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle with avocado. Serve over hot cooked rice and season with hot pepper sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sherri W. 8 Sep 2017
Based on the other reviews, I cut back on the water and actually added a little cornstarch to thicken it slightly. I used chicken (but will do shrimp next time) and added mushrooms because we love them. And also a dash of Creole seasoning to give it a little zing! Definitely need rice, will be doing this one again!
Gallegos 28 Jul 2017
I used 1 cup of water instead of two but it tasted delicious! I'd probably skip marinating in like next time, I'm not a big fan of lime myself
Rafael 21 Jul 2017
I made the too much water mistake, but it turned out very tasty. I also added a pinch of kosher salt and Essence, and served it over basmati rice.
Daphne M 13 Mar 2017
DELICIOUS! I love the tip to add hot sauce in the end as well. This is a perfect dish for those wanting a light, but filling meal.
Chevonne P. 27 Jun 2016
This was a yummy and easy recipe! I made with jasmine rice and 1 cup of water instead of 2 cups. I will be making this again! I have plenty for leftovers too!
Susan C. 18 May 2016
Loved this! I wasn't very organized this evening, but threw it together with no trouble. I served it over whole grain small farfalle pasta, and my husband loved it. Adding to the rotation!
Ashley B. 17 May 2016
Good, didn't add the 2 cups of water just 1. Also didn't have a lime so used a pepper relish we had on hand instead, gave it some zest!