- 1 loaf french bread (about 12-in. long, cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 6 tablespoons i can't believ it' not butter! made with olive oil spread
- 2 cloves garlic (divided)
- 1 shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 1/2 pounds mussels, well scrubbed
- 1 pound uncook medium shrimp, peel and devein
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Evenly brush both sides of bread slices with 3 tablespoons melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut 1 clove garlic in half and rub on bread; set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop remaining clove garlic. Melt 1 tablespoon Mediterranean Blend in deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add mussels and shrimp and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and mussel shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend and parsley. Serve with Garlic Crostini and, if desired, over hot cooked pasta.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sharon E. 22 Mar 2016
Good basic recipe - needs to be spiced up. I did not make it with shrimp - just mussels out of the shell.
Vivian V. 30 Jul 2015
This recipe was extremely sour. It ruined our shrimp & $38/lb dungeness crab meat. Thank goodness our homemade garlic bread was delish - otherwise, we'd be S.O.L. In a beachrown where everything closes at 8pm. Extremely disappointing.