- 4 cups water
- 1 cup grits (regular or quick-cooking, but not instant)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Tabasco Sauce (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 ounces bacon (regular, not thick-sliced or maple, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1 cup sliced green onions (thinly)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Paul C. 30 days ago
Great recipe! my whole family loved it!
Reggie 24 Jun
This turned out absolutely wonderful
Heather B. 25 May
It’s yummy I mage 6 servings and used a stick of butter and 3 cups of shredded cheese.
Jessica S. 16 Feb
loved it i added chili powder to mine
Todd 30 Dec 2017
A new Christmas tradition. We made this Christmas morning and it was he bomb. Leftovers taste even better - after it has sat a little. But basically amazing
John M. 19 Dec 2017
Fantastic! Thick bacon works fine, as does bottled lemon juice. Lots of Tabasco required to get the flavor in the end, maybe even 3 Tbs.
Cindy K. 27 Nov 2017
So simple, but it looks like you worked so hard
Michael J. 19 Jul 2017
Simple and tasty recipe
T J. 10 Jul 2017
This was great, simple and easy!
Alexander 10 Jul 2017
Unbelievably simple and delicious!! I agree that a bit of salt would be beneficial, but the bacon helps balance it.
Jessica T. 20 Jun 2017
AMAZING!!!! I've made it twice in the past two weeks. Added a bit of salt.
Regina S. 10 May 2016
First time making it, delicious and easy. I've always been a fan of shrimp and grits and this recipe was totally satisfying. Will definitely make again.
Desiree Holmes 29 Feb 2016
This was amazing! Must try if you are a fan of shrimp and grits and even if you don't care for shrimp or grits.
Kellee G. 1 Sep 2015
This was a surprisingly good dish with much flavor. It was easy to prepare and very filling. I did not have parsley but used cilantro instead and dish was still amazing.