These little dumplings are topped with shrimp for a stunning and delicious appetizer. A delicate and crisp puff pastry base is the perfect pair for a creamy bechamel sauce and the tender shrimp, making these a well-balanced treat. These are a great option for entertaining, the perfect party appetizer for just about any occasion. Top them with fresh chives for a nice color contrast and a bit of earthy freshness.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- onions (small, diced)
- king prawns (Cooked)
- puff pastry shells (Small, or vol-au-vent shells)
- 1For the béchamel sauce, heat butter in a saucepan and sauté diced onion until translucent.
- 2Sprinkle in flour and stir well.
- 3Whisk in cold milk, stirring constantly, so that no lumps appear.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 5Peel cooked shrimp and chop finely.
- 6Fold chopped shrimp into béchamel sauce.
- 7Fill puff pastry shells with mixture.
- 8To serve, garnish with shrimp and chopped chives.