Shrimp SushiO Meu Tempero
You don’t have to pay a ton at a fancy restaurant to get flavorful sushi. You can make it at home. This recipe for Shrimp Sushi takes 80 minutes to make and only has 190 calories per serving. This may even be a great way to bring the family together. Have everyone make their own rolls as a Sunday funday project. It is a fun and healthy way to spend time in the kitchen.
- 2 cups rice (for sushi)
- 3 cups water
- 50 milliliters rice vinegar
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 sheets roasted seaweed
- 1 carrots (cut into strips)
- 1 cucumber (cut, into strips)
- 1 peeled shrimp (pack frozen, boiled)
- soy sauce
- 1Wash the rice gently until the water is completely clear (about 6 to 8 washes).
- 2Place the rice in a medium saucepan with 3 cups of water, and let stand for about 30 minutes, until the rice turns white.
- 3Cook the rice for 15 minutes, on medium heat with the lid on, without ever taking it off (use a glass lid to go see when it boils).
- 4After cooking for 15 minutes, turn off the heat, and wait another 15 minutes with the lid on.
- 5After this time, place the rice on a serving platter to cool.
- 6It is normal for some rice to be stuck on the bottom of the pan, do not scrape and use.
- 7For the rice sauce, in small saucepan, add vinegar, sugar, and salt and heat without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- 8Gradually pour this sauce in the rice, stirring and mixing it carefully.
- 9Finally, prepare the kitchen counter so all ingredients are on hand. These are: the rice, a bowl with water and ice, the seaweed, the cucumber, the carrot, the shrimp, a mat (in photo, an individual table cloth was used) and a plastic bag (transparent for freezing, or plastic wrap).
- 10Place the mat, with the bag on top, on the work surface. Place a Nori sheet with the rough side facing up on the bag.
- 11Wet your hands in cold water, and take a little rice. Spread it on the Nori sheet with your thumbs, leaving a free space at the end. Add a carrot strip, a cucumber strip, and the shrimp, about 4 or 5 per sheet (try to straighten the shrimp as much as possible).
- 12Curl using the mat as if it was a roll of dough, and press down firmly.
- 13Cut the roll in half with a sharp knife, and then in half again until it reaches the desired thickness, 8 equal parts in recommended.
- 14Wipe the knife clean after each cut.
- 15Serve cold, and garnish with Japanese sauce to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.