Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Shrimp-Stuffed Mushrooms with Ham White Sauce is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- peeled prawns
- sauce (prepared, thick, white)
- poached onion
- ham (shavings)
- bread crumbs
- sunflower oil
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Place mushroom caps in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cook for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Reserve cooking liquids.
- Mix ham shavings, poached onion, and a bit of the mushroom broth into prepared white sauce and season to taste.
- Place a prawn inside each mushroom cap, coat with white sauce and form a ball.
- Roll balls consecutively in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- In a heavy skillet, heat a generous amount of sunflower oil and fry mushrooms.
- Tip: Do not season with salt because the ham is salty enough for the whole dish.