- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (shell and tail on)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 garlic (gloves, minced or pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce (high quality, start with 4 tablespoons and add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about ½ large lime, juiced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- red jalapeno pepper (thinly sliced, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lesley H. 24 days ago
it was spectacular, family loved and I will make again
Trina Bowen 17 Oct
yummy! my husband said it was very flavorful and he rarely says that about dishes Im trying for the first time. He likes spicy and it was easy to amp up the spice without sacrificing flavor! thank you!
Diana Reed 4 Oct
I made this recipe with carrots instead of celery and left out the sugar, it turned out great
Jonnita Barrett 4 Oct
Wonderful! Already made again
Sahar 15 Aug
Excellent. Easy to prepare. Most importantly the kids loved it
Tonie J. 26 Jul
It was really delicious and easy. I did not use the fish sauce. Instead I used a few more hot peppers and sea salt. The flavor was great! I will definitely make it again using other veggies and protein.
Kathleen 19 Jul
This was a very yummy recipe! I doubled the sauce and added more veggies. The extra veggies we added were: asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini and peas.
Haese 16 Jun
delicious,and easy to make
Anna 2 Jun
Was really nice, will cook it again
Aloura D. 17 May
turned out great, i added some of my own special additions. delicious
Candice Donaldson 29 Jan
Excellent. I doubled the recipe (except the fish sauce) to feed my Army and added extra coconut milk, brown sugar, and lime juice since it was little on the salty side.
Garcia 31 Jan 2017
lovee it... soo yummy my friend loved it. I would make it again. best combination of ingredients ever.
monica d. 15 Jan 2017
Delicious flavour combination! I use about half the fish sauce, omit the salt and add siricha or garlic chili paste.
Cynthia Pasloski 1 Mar 2016
Enjoyed it very much but did a couple of modifications. Used only 4 tablespoons of Fish sauce instead of 6 and added a tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste for some added flavour and heat. Loved it and will make it again!
Maggie M. 29 Feb 2016
I followed the recipe and found it to be way too salty. I would cut the fish oil in half and maybe cut the peanut butter in half. It was disappointing.
Natalie Zwanenburg 28 Feb 2016
Really flavourful. I didn't have fish sauce (or soy or Worcester sauce which were recommended as substitutes) so I used a vinegar chutney (wouldn't recommend this), and definitely recommend fresh basil over the dried spice.