- 1 pound large shrimp (reserve shells, and heads if possible)
- 6 tablespoons shrimp stock (To make: place shrimp shells and heads in saucepan and cover with water, simmer for at least 2 hours. Add water as needed to keep shrimp shells covered)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon shallot (finely minced)
- 1 garlic clove (large fresh, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Melt 4 Tb butter in a large skillet over medium-heat heat. When almost melted, add onions, garlic, shallot, salt, all 3 peppers, basil, thyme, and oregano. Stir well. Add shrimp and sauté for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and 4 Tb of the stock and shake the pan back and forth to combine. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the pan while continuously shaking the pan back and forth over the heat. Don't stir because it will break up the sauce.
- Before the last of the butter melts, add the fresh parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons of stock, still shaking the pan over the heat, until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together and sauce is consistency of cream.
|Calories450Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.