Shortbread cookies are rich and decadent. They are filled with creamy buttery goodness. These sweet treats are perfect for parties, celebrations and special occasions. The recipe includes optional citrus zest and chocolate chips if you want to add extra flavor. Make sure you leave extra time because you will need to refrigerate the dough for at least twenty minutes before you can bake them. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 125 grams softened butter
- 55 grams sugar
- 180 grams white flour
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- citrus zest (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar to a whitish mixture.
- Gradually, mix in the flour and salt.
- Flavor the shortbread dough with citrus zest or chocolate chips to taste.
- Gather the dough with your hands and form into a ball.
- On a floured surface, gently roll out the dough to about 1 centimeter thick.
- Cut into squares or sticks, prick with a fork, and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Place the dough on baking sheet with parchment paper and let it rest in the refrigerator for twenty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.