- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted, plus extra for dusting)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a pencil, draw a 7 inch diameter circle on each piece parchment paper, then turn paper over so pencil marking faces down.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch. Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Using marked circle as a guide, shape each portion on a prepared baking sheet.
- Smooth surface with a palette knife. Using fingers, crimp edges, then prick surface with a fork. Using a sharp knife, score 8 wedges on each disc. Bake for 10 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Bake shortbread for another 40 mins, or until light golden. Cool for 10 mins on baking sheets. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using scoring as a guide, cut into wedges. Serve dusted with extra powdered sugar.
|Calories200Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ellie B. 19 May 2016
I've made this resist many times now, it is vary good and trend out perfect every time. Some times I put dried Appel slices on it before I bake it which trend out vary good.
cindyxoplus .. 3 Jan 2016
This recipe does not copy properly...frustrating! Tried to make it and it turned out all crumbly...The dough did not hold together and I had to make the decision for all of the ingredients to pitch or try to bake it...what a disaster!