- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted, plus extra for dusting)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a pencil, draw a 7 inch diameter circle on each piece parchment paper, then turn paper over so pencil marking faces down.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch. Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Using marked circle as a guide, shape each portion on a prepared baking sheet.
- Smooth surface with a palette knife. Using fingers, crimp edges, then prick surface with a fork. Using a sharp knife, score 8 wedges on each disc. Bake for 10 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Bake shortbread for another 40 mins, or until light golden. Cool for 10 mins on baking sheets. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using scoring as a guide, cut into wedges. Serve dusted with extra powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
Ellie B. 19 May 2016
I've made this resist many times now, it is vary good and trend out perfect every time. Some times I put dried Appel slices on it before I bake it which trend out vary good.
cindyxoplus .. 3 Jan 2016
This recipe does not copy properly...frustrating! Tried to make it and it turned out all crumbly...The dough did not hold together and I had to make the decision for all of the ingredients to pitch or try to bake it...what a disaster!