Nothing says comfort and happiness like a decadent pie. This recipe for Shoofly Pie is hearty, tasty, and delicious. It takes 65 minutes to prepare this dessert that is aromatic and savory. One bite and you will wonder where this pie has been your whole life. So make sure to pick up the ingredients next time you go shopping, invite some friends over, and enjoy this succulent pie. Happy baking!
- 200 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 1 pie shell (refrigerated)
- 1 egg (medium-sized)
- 200 milliliters water (lukewarm)
- 120 milliliters molasses (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 handful nuts (roughly chopped, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 20- by 22-centimeter pie plate with parchment paper. Set the pie crust inside and refrigerate.
- To make the crumble, add the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and butter to a large bowl. Mix with your fingertips, working the dry ingredients into the sugar until a sandy mixture is formed that holds shape when squeezed in your fist. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with the water, molasses, and baking powder. You will end up with a very liquidy batter.
- Sprinkle half of the crumble into the bottom of the pie dough, cover with the liquid mixture, and top with the remaining half of the crumble. Optionally, you can finish with a sprinkling of nuts.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until the top is firm to the touch and very golden.
|Calories1070Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.