- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 2 1/4 pounds ground lamb
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- vegetables (Steamed, to serve)
- 3 red potatoes (medium, peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease an 8-cup baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on high. Sauté onion, celery, and carrot 3–4 minutes, until onion is tender; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, cooled vegetables, peas, breadcrumbs, egg, tomato purée, Worcestershire, and thyme. Season to taste; mix well. Press mixture evenly into dish; place on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes; drain cooking juices.
- Meanwhile, to make topping, place potato in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10–15 minutes, until tender. Drain well; return to saucepan with cream and butter. Mash well; season to taste.
- Top meatloaf with potato mixture, roughing up surface with fork. Return to oven a further 20–25 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Slice or spoon from dish to serve. Serve with steamed vegetables.
|Calories540Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.