- 12 1/2 ounces jumbo shells (cooked al dente)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package ground sausage (JOHNSONVILLE® Mild or Sweet Italian, or links)
- 25 ounces marinara sauce (or 5 to 6 cups of your favorite sauce)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ricotta cheese (tub, 15 ounce, whole or part skim)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a 10 inch skillet, cook sausage on medium heat, crumbling it into small pieces as it cooks. Allow it to cook through, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the sides and bottom of a 15 x 10 x 2 inch baking dish with olive oil. Pour half the sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the egg, mix in the ricotta, 2 1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, basil, ground pepper and the cooked sausage.
- Fill each cooked shell with the sausage mixture and nestle them in sauce. Once all the shells are filled, top them with the remaining sauce, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered until bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking about 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
|Calories440Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.