Tender brown sugar pork chops, caramelized sweet potatoes, and apples are the perfect combination of savory and sweet in this easy dinner made on one sheet pan. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 3 red baking apples (medium, like Fuji)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. canela
- 1 dash allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for sweet potatoes)
- black pepper (to taste, for sweet potatoes)
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (for pork chops)
- black pepper (to taste, for pork chops)
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- fresh thyme (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into 3/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a gallon-sized zip-top bag.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes