Sheet Pan Pork Chops With Sweet Potatoes And ApplesYummly
Tender brown sugar pork chops, caramelized sweet potatoes, and apples are the perfect combination of savory and sweet in this easy dinner made on one sheet pan.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 red baking apples (medium, like Fuji)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (1.5lb. each, about 1” thick)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- fresh thyme (for garnish)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3With a sharp knife dice sweet potato into ¾” pieces. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- 4Slice the apples ¼” thick. Add to the Ziploc bag.
- 5Pour the canola oil and maple syrup over the vegetables in the Ziploc bag. Add cinnamon, allspice, ½ tsp. salt, black pepper, to taste.
- 6Seal the bag and shake until the sweet potatoes and apples are evenly coated in the dressing and spices.
- 7Transfer the root vegetables onto the baking sheet. Do not discard the Ziploc bag.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 9Roast the sweet potatoes and apples for 12-15 minutes, until they are just able to be pierced with a fork, but not soft.
- 10Rinse the pork chops with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 11Place the pork chops in the Ziploc bag. Add ¾ tsp. salt, black pepper, to taste, and the light brown sugar.
- 12Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the pork chops in the spice rub.
- 13Use a rubber spatula to push the sweet potatoes and apples away from the center of the sheet, creating a space to lay the pork chops.
- 14Transfer the pork chops to the center of the baking sheet.
- 15Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 16Roast for 15 minutes.
- 17Open the oven door. Using a rubber spatula, stir the sweet potatoes and apples.
- 18Continue roasting for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 150° F.
- 19Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 20Allow the pork to rest on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes.
- 21Plate the pork chops with the sweet potatoes and apples. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired. Serve.