Sheet Pan Pork Chops With Maple Roasted Root VegetablesYummly
Tender pork chops roasted on one sheet alongside an array of colorful, caramelized root vegetables. The perfect easy dinner for those cool autumn nights.
- 8 ounces butternut squash (carton peeled and cut)
- 1 sweet potatoes (medium)
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 parsnips (medium)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika (divided)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (1.5lb. each, about 1” thick)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3With a sharp knife dice the butternut squash chunks and sweet potato into ½” pieces. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- 4Slice the carrots and parsnips ¼” thick. Add to the Ziploc bag.
- 5Pour the canola oil and maple syrup over the vegetables in the Ziploc bag. Add ¼ tsp. paprika, ½ tsp. salt, black pepper, to taste, and a dash of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- 6Seal the bag and shake until the root vegetables are evenly coated in the dressing and spices.
- 7Transfer the root vegetables onto the baking sheet. Do not discard the Ziploc bag.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 9Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes, until they are just able to be pierced with a fork, but not soft.
- 10Rinse the pork chops with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 11Place the pork chops in the Ziploc bag. Add ¾ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. paprika, black pepper, to taste, and light brown sugar.
- 12Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the pork chops in the spice rub.
- 13Use a rubber spatula the push the root vegetables away from the center of the sheet, creating a space to lay the pork chops.
- 14Transfer the pork chops to the center of the baking sheet.
- 15Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 16Roast for 15 minutes.
- 17Open the oven door. Using a rubber spatula, stir the root vegetables.
- 18Continue roasting for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 150° F.
- 19Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 20Allow the pork to rest on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes.
- 21Plate the pork chops with the roasted root vegetables and serve.