Two minutes is all it takes to make a delectable honey balsamic marinade. Throw it together with some chicken in the morning, and come home to sweet and flavorful meat ready for roasting on a sheet pan with an array of colorful vegetables. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. canela (optional)
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt (for chicken)
- 1 1/2 lb. mixed vegetables (like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, etc.)
- black pepper (to taste, for chicken)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for vegetables)
- black pepper (to taste, for vegetables)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the honey, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried thyme leaves, and cinnamon (if using) in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Partially whisk the ingredients together and seal the bag, then shake well to finish combining.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2x1-inch pieces. Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in the zip-top bag with the honey balsamic marinade. Seal the bag and gently shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Transfer the zip-top bag to the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 8 hours.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories490Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes