Two minutes is all it takes to make a delectable honey balsamic marinade. Throw it together in the morning, and come home to sweet and flavorful chicken breasts ready for roasting on a sheet pan with an array of colorful vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 24 ounces chicken breasts (each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed vegetables (choice, like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the honey, aged balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried thyme leaves, and a pinch of cinnamon in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Whisk the ingredients together in the bag to combine.
- Rinse the chicken breasts with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts into pieces roughly 2” x 1”. Season the chicken pieces with 1 tsp. of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the chicken pieces in the Ziploc bag with the honey balsamic marinade. Seal the bag and gently shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Transfer the Ziploc bag in the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces. For vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, cut into 1” florets. Slice carrots a ¼” thick. For zucchini and summer squash, slice ½” thick. Cut bell peppers or onions into 1” strips. Halve Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Transfer the vegetables to the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, and season with ½ tsp. of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Using cleans hands, toss the vegetables on the sheet until they are evenly coated in oil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula the push the vegetables away from the center of the sheet, creating a space for the chicken.
- Remove the Ziploc bag of chicken from the refrigerator. Use large fork to transfer the pieces onto the center of the baking sheet, reserving the excess marinade in the bag. Transfer the baking sheet back to the oven.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet. Bring the marinade to a low boil, stirring regularly, for about 2-3 minutes, until it begins to bubble and thicken. Once bubbling, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Spoon the honey-balsamic reduction over the chicken and vegetables, and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.