If you're in a rut with chicken dinners, try this easy and flavorful Indian-inspired meal. While it may not be totally authentic, it is surely delicious! For more flavorful chicken, plan for up to 12 hours of marinating time. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 tsp. Garam Masala (for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. salt (for marinade)
- black pepper (to taste, for marinade)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 1/2 lb. yukon gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil (for potatoes)
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala (for potatoes)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin (for potatoes)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for potatoes)
- black pepper (to taste, for potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil (for cauliflower)
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala (for cauliflower)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin (for cauliflower)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cauliflower)
- black pepper (to taste, for cauliflower)
- Cut the chicken into large bite-sized pieces, roughly 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Place the yogurt, tomato paste, marinade spices, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Grate the garlic and ginger into the bowl. Whisk until the ingredients combine into a pink marinade.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Stir to thoroughly coat each piece. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 12 hours.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories660Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes