Sizzling chicken fajitas roasted right at home in your oven!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green bell pepper (large)
- 1 red bell pepper (large)
- 1 orange bell pepper (or large yellow)
- 1/2 red onion (medium)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (chopped fresh)
- corn tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and spices.
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers a slice into strips a scant 1/2” thick. Slice the onion into 1/4” half moons. Place the peppers and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle 2 Tbs. of the spiced oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until the vegetables are evenly coated in oil. Arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the chicken thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife, cut the chicken into strips roughly 3/4” wide. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Drizzle the remaining spiced oil over the chicken. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Open the oven door. Arrange the chicken thighs onto the baking sheet. It is okay if the chicken covers some of the vegetables.
- Continue baking for 17-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lime over the chicken, peppers, and onion. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve the chicken fajitas immediately with corn tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese, if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.