Sizzling chicken fajitas roasted right at home in your oven!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green bell pepper (large)
- 1 red bell pepper (large)
- 1 orange bell pepper (or large yellow)
- 1/2 red onion (medium)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (chopped fresh)
- corn tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and spices.
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers a slice into strips a scant 1/2” thick. Slice the onion into 1/4” half moons. Place the peppers and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle 2 Tbs. of the spiced oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until the vegetables are evenly coated in oil. Arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the chicken thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife, cut the chicken into strips roughly 3/4” wide. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Drizzle the remaining spiced oil over the chicken. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Open the oven door. Arrange the chicken thighs onto the baking sheet. It is okay if the chicken covers some of the vegetables.
- Continue baking for 17-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lime over the chicken, peppers, and onion. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve the chicken fajitas immediately with corn tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese, if desired.
|Calories590Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
karakara 20 days ago
turned out very well.. flavors were good
Emily Morrison 11 Dec 2018
This recipe was really easy to follow and I found that the cooking times (10 min first bake, 17 min second bake) were spot-on for tender, juicy chicken and tender veggies. I will remake this bur double the seasoning to really get a kick.
Ashton McCuen 24 Nov 2018
delicious and so easy to make! i ised flank steak in place of chicken though(:
Shelley Carella 29 Oct 2018
Easy and delicious. We double it and do a full sheet pan pan of veggies and a separate one for chicken.
Addi Kahrs 23 Oct 2018
Seasoning was spot on, and couldn't be easier
Sonia Hoek 23 Aug 2018
Very easy, I used precooked chicken strips, and this made for a quick and healthy dinner - also used precut pepper strips 😋
Lee Ann A. 31 Jul 2018
Very good family loved it