Craving the flavor of a chicken caesar salad, but in need of something more filling? Try this easy and delicious sheet pan dinner complete with golden, buttery homemade garlic bread.
- 20 ounces chicken breasts (pounded to 3/4” thickness)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Ciabatta rolls (large)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the chicken cutlets and pat dry with paper towels. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Spread the chicken cutlets on both sides with Caesar dressing, and arrange on one side of the baking sheet.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus and arrange the spears on the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss the asparagus with a rubber spatula to distribute the oil.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken and asparagus for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken and asparagus bakes, cut the ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise and lay cut side up.
- Place the softened butter in a small bowl. Grate or press the garlic cloves into the bowl, and add the Italian seasoning. Using a fork, mix until the garlic and herbs are thoroughly combined into the butter.
- Spread an equal amount of garlic and herb butter in an even layer over each bread half.
- Open the oven. Use a rubber spatula to shift the asparagus towards the center of the baking sheet, creating a space for the garlic bread. Arrange the garlic bread cut side up onto the baking sheet.
- Continue baking for 9-11 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through, the asparagus is tender, and the garlic bread is golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and asparagus. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the chicken, asparagus, and garlic bread. Plate and serve immediately.
|Calories400Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.