Craving the flavor of a chicken caesar salad, but in need of something more filling? Try this easy and delicious sheet pan dinner complete with golden, buttery homemade garlic bread.
- 20 ounces chicken breasts (pounded to 3/4” thickness)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Ciabatta rolls (large)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the chicken cutlets and pat dry with paper towels. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Spread the chicken cutlets on both sides with Caesar dressing, and arrange on one side of the baking sheet.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus and arrange the spears on the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss the asparagus with a rubber spatula to distribute the oil.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken and asparagus for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken and asparagus bakes, cut the ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise and lay cut side up.
- Place the softened butter in a small bowl. Grate or press the garlic cloves into the bowl, and add the Italian seasoning. Using a fork, mix until the garlic and herbs are thoroughly combined into the butter.
- Spread an equal amount of garlic and herb butter in an even layer over each bread half.
- Open the oven. Use a rubber spatula to shift the asparagus towards the center of the baking sheet, creating a space for the garlic bread. Arrange the garlic bread cut side up onto the baking sheet.
- Continue baking for 9-11 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through, the asparagus is tender, and the garlic bread is golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and asparagus. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the chicken, asparagus, and garlic bread. Plate and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.