- 2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onion (large, peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup apple jelly (OR currant jelly)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 kaiser rolls (split and toasted)
- Combine basil, oregano, salt, pepper and paprika. Rub mixture on all surfaces of the pork roast. Place roast in shallow pan and roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes (20 minutes per pound) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil and cook onion rings over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and golden. Stir in chili sauce, jelly and vinegar. Cook and stir 10 minutes more. Set aside. Thinly slice pork roast; stack on toasted roll halves. Top with caramelized onions and top of rolls.